More options to save gps data

04-22-2021 05:15 AM
CollinKleiboer
New Contributor III

Hello,

I would like to see more options to capture the gps data (points).

Currently (when walking) only each 5 meters a point will be captured. In our case this is not sufficient.

So, I would like to be able to change that:

in a time frequency (like every x seconds capture a point)

and/or

a distance frequency (like every x meter capture a point).

Regards,

Collin Kleiboer

GisSense

4 Comments
TimvanderWeyden

I agree, it would be nice to have more control over the location tracking behaviour in FMA. The current 5 meter resolution (when walking) is not sufficient for our solution.

In Collector an updateInterval was supported in the WebMap option for locationTracking, see:  https://developers.arcgis.com/web-map-specification/objects/locationTracking/

by Anonymous User

@CollinKleiboerto clarify, you are referring to the location tracking capabilities of Field Maps correct?

We introduced a way to turn off the batter optimization tracking mode on iOS a few months ago and it's coming to Android in a couple weeks. When this in-app toggle is off, points are captured every 1 meter and the collection is independent of any activity detection. Does this meet your requirements?

CollinKleiboer

Hi Aaron (@Anonymous User),

Thank you for your message.

I think we can use this feature quite well. It's not as luxurious as I proposed, but it will definitely help us getting more 'dense' tracks.

So thank you and keep me posted when it's available for Android, please.

Regards,

Collin Kleiboer

by Anonymous User

This is now available as an in-app setting called Battery Optimization on Field Maps Android and iOS 21.4. When you turn this off, points are collected independent of activity changes at a 1 meter interval.