What's new in ArcGIS Field Maps (November 2022)

11-10-2022 10:35 AM
JeffShaner
Esri Regular Contributor
2 4 775

We're excited to announce the November 2022 release of ArcGIS Field Maps is now live! This was a big update with many exciting new capabilities.

Please read our release announcement blog for details:
https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/field-maps/field-mobility/whats-new-in-arcgis-field-maps-n...

4 Comments
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is now fixed, was a difference between iOS and Android in how GPS metadata fields are handled when non-editable.

Hi Jeff, 

Thanks for the update, will be awesome to have online maps available at the same time as offline maps. 

We upgraded over the weekend and after the upgrade to 22.4.0 on Android, once a user taps the + button, picks the layer they wish to add data to, and then taps Add Point the app crashes. Have tested this only on two Samsung S20 phones thus far. On iOS it's working fine (only tested on an iPhone thus far).

MichaelLohr
Occasional Contributor II

@JeffShaner 

Jeff, this was a good update.

I now see in my desktop browser (Chrome) while logged into AGOL an on a web map Item Description  page, a new option on the right. In addition to choices to open in the new Map Viewer or Map Classic, I see an option top open in Field Maps Designer. Was this a result of the Nov 2022 updates or something later?

Where can we find more info on what the intent is for this option and what all you can do with it?

MichaelLohr
Occasional Contributor II

@JeffShaner 

I was behind one update. I now see the reference to Field Maps Designer in the Feb 2023 update blog posting. Can you provide any additional insight on what the intended use of this option is?  It seems like this would become the method of choice for designing the published web maps, forms, etc?  What about Web Apps?

Thanks for any additional guidance. 

SarahSaint-Ruth
Esri Contributor

Hi @MichaelLohr - I can help with Field Maps Designer. Field Maps Designer's purpose is to allow folks to easily curate the mobile experience for their users in one app. From Field Maps Designer you can create layers for the field, design the form and enable capabilities like Geofences, Layer Filtering and going offline. 

In regards to using other web clients such as the Map Viewer to author forms you can absolutely do that if that's your preference. These forms will work just the same in Field Maps and you can even edit them further in Field Maps Designer if you did need to do some tweaks. 

If you would like to learn more we have our documentation and we hosted a webinar a few weeks back which showcases some of the capabilities of Field Maps Designer. In the next coming months we will be releasing a blog series which goes into the different capabilities in further detail.

About the Author
I am the Group Product Engineering Lead for our Field Apps team at Esri. I work with an amazing team building out our field solutions. Please feel free to ask me anything about ArcGIS Field Maps, Workforce, and Navigator.