zoom in to drawings

05-15-2014 05:37 AM
ErikBlake
Occasional Contributor III
So we have our engineering drawings hyperlinked to our water and sewer lines. And everything works good they open up just fine. However I am not able to zoom into the drawing  when it opens up in explorer. is this just a limitation of the explorer window. or is there a trick to be able to zoom into our drawings. When I click the share button and open it in safari I am able to zoom in and out just fine. Any help would be great. Thanks
Erik
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
BrentPierce
Esri Contributor
etyler,

This is a limitation of the control we are using to display hyperlink content which does not allow zooming. One thing we recommend is storing the schematic drawings as attachments on the feature. If done this way, when the attachment is opened up from the pop-up you will be able to interact with the file natively on the device and this will allow you to zoom and explore in greater detail.

Hope this helps,
-Brent
0 Kudos
ErikBlake
Occasional Contributor III
Brent
Thanks for the response. May I ask the reasoning why they chose to restrict zooming on hyperlink content? seems like that is going to be troubling for a lot of people. I like the app so far but this limitation is kind of annoying. how difficult would it be to change all of our drawings which are in the thousands from hyperlink to attachments. Thanks again for your response.
0 Kudos
BrentPierce
Esri Contributor
etyler,

This was not an explicit choice to restrict zooming of hyperlink content, this was an oversight and a limitation of the control we are using to provide web content in the application. We are researching ways to provide this functionality in a different way at a future release as we can see it's obvious advantages.

I will keep you posted,
-Brent
0 Kudos