Select to view content in your preferred language

Why does Explorer for Windows keep signing me out when I'm in the field?

12-11-2019 04:29 PM
SeanPatrick
New Contributor

I was in the field today with an mmpk loaded on to 3 Windows tablets. The map loaded fine on all three at first. Then after closing the app, putting the tablet to sleep, and restarting the app (a process I need to go through because of another glitch where the app loses it's connection to the internal GNSS receiver and won't reconnect if I put the tablet to sleep while the app is running) it was suddenly signed out. This happened to all 3 tablets within about an hour, making them all useless. There is no way to sign back in while not connected to my organization's network.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey Sean Patrick‌,

We think we have an idea why this is happening. Can you send us the log text files for the devices? Feel free to reply to jwhitney@esri.com and we can try to get this sorted out. The log file should be located here (the app directory might be slightly different). 

C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Packages\Esri.4378442FBC3A7_eytg3kh68c6a8\LocalState\Logs

Note, the log files only keep around a relatively short history so if there's a device that hasn't been used much after getting signed out that will be our best bet for seeing the exception.

Best,

Joel

0 Kudos
GeorgeLopez
New Contributor III

I just ran into the same issue while setting up a surface. I even tried side loading the mmpk and it still requested a log in to view it. The only way I see to be able to do it is to enable anonymous viewing which would require a publisher extension which we do not have in out ULA.

0 Kudos