Unable to open map, Invalid JSON (Explorer for ArcGIS, IOS)

01-24-2018 08:03 AM
DiegoLlamas
Esri Contributor

Hello,

I create a mobile map package using ArcGIS Pro 2.1. I upload my MMPK file to my portal, I sign in to my portal using Explorer for ArcGIS 17.1.2 for IOS 11.2.5 . I download my mobile package to my device with no problem.

but when I try to open my mobile package in the app, i get an invalid json error.

I open my mmpk in ArcGIS Pro with no problem.

Any idea what could be happening?

Thanks,

Diego Llamas

0 Kudos
4 Replies
MarkBockenhauer
Esri Regular Contributor

Diego,

Does this happen with every MMPK that you create, or specific to this one?

If you can share it with me, or similar that results in same error, I can take a look.

It's not something that I am aware of.

Thanks,

Mark

0 Kudos
JohnMax2
New Contributor

Was there ever a solution to this problem? I am receiving an "Unable to Open Map Internal Error," message. 

0 Kudos
MarkBockenhauer
Esri Regular Contributor

John,

Your error message is different,  are you opening a Web map or Mobile Map Package?

is it possible for you to share your map with me, so I can take a look?

For those that get invalid json errors, with a Mobile Map Package, it may have something to do with geodatabase domains that do not have any values.  Check to make sure your domains have values.

Mark

0 Kudos
MarkBockenhauer
Esri Regular Contributor

Here is another situation that will cause the "Unable to Open  Map invalid JSON' error.

If you have a Vector Tile Package layer in your Pro project.  (Ex. Add a .vtpk file to your map)

Make sure the VTPK layer name in the Contents pane does not have any spaces in it.

When the VTPK layer has spaces in its name, the space is written into the Mobile Map Package data structure, and that causes the JSON error when Explorer tries to load the map.

mark

0 Kudos