Select to view content in your preferred language

Thumbnail - how to set this in the app or mmpk?

03-17-2019 05:08 PM
AngusHooper1
Occasional Contributor III

I have configured my map, project and all operational layers to use the same thumbnail (company logo). When I create the .mmpk to side-load onto the mobile device, the thumbnail shown is a generic screenshot of the default extent. Looking under the hood of the mmpk, I can see that it is referencing "thumbnail\thumbnail.jpg". Is there any easy way to set this in the application space (Pro or Explorer)? Or, will I have to manually go into the file and change the thumbnail directly in the xml? The end goal is for a disconnected transfer, but I could in theory upload the mmpk to a Portal, change the thumbnail in the Portal item details page and then download the mmpk again if that sets it correctly?

1 Reply
AngusHooper
New Contributor III

Unfortunately, uploading the mmpk to Portal and/or ArcGIS Online, setting the thumbnail, then downloading the mmpk and side-loading onto the device via iTunes does not resolve the issue. The default extent thumbnail is still present. The thumbnail is correct if you download the mmpk via the device's connection to Portal or ArcGIS Online - but this defeats the purpose of having the disconnected mmpk loading capability.

0 Kudos