Popups not working in updated Explorer app

Jump to solution
07-19-2017 10:10 AM
MollyShoberg1
New Contributor II

Since the Explorer app updated in June, the popups in the map are no longer working. The popup displays the fields as configured but there is no data. The popups work as expected from the web map in ArcGIS Online. Also, we have some mobile devices where the Explorer app has not yet been updated and the popups do display the data in the Explorer app version prior to the June 2017 update. 

The web map is 'St. Louis County, MN - County Land Explorer' and is open to the public and can be found in the Explorer app by searching 'St. Louis County, MN'.

Any ideas? Does the popup need to be configured differently?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
22 Replies
ShanaGail1
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for your help.  It's an AGOL web map viewed in Explorer using iOS devices.  We've also created an app using Web AppBuilder which consumes the same map service.  It does not use Explorer, nor is run on a mobile device.  The popups work in that application. Sure looks to me like the June 2017 release of Explorer is the culprit.  I'll email you the particulars.  Thanks for the quick response!

~Shana

ShanaGail1
Occasional Contributor

Hi Joel,

Is the popup issue fixed now? 

Thanks,

Shana

0 Kudos
ShanaGail1
Occasional Contributor

Hi Joel,

I'm happy to report that I'm no longer having the popup issue in the 18.1.0 release. 

Thanks!

Shana

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello,

I am having a similar but slightly different issue. I have the latest Explorer app (version 17.1.2) on two different iOS devices (one on iOS 11 other on 9 something) in both cases only some map layers' pop-ups work. My map service is coming from AGS 10.5 and I have double and triple checked that all layers' pop-ups are enabled back in the web map. For the features in question, I click it spins momentarily however nothing happens--no pop-up is launched for that feature. Other layers within the service work as expected.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey Jared,

I'd be happy to work with you so we can figure out what is going on here. I have an idea of what's happening, but are you able to temporarily share the Web Map with me so I can verify that it is not something else?

Feel free to email me at JWhitney@esri.com and we can discuss further.

Joel

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Joel,

Certainly, thank you for the quick reply. I will reach out this morning.

Jared

0 Kudos
WetherbeeDorshow
New Contributor III

We are experiencing the no popup problem running the latest version of Explorer (18.1.0). The webmap contains ArcGIS Server 10.3.1. The service includes spatial views on layers included in a geometric network. Popups work fine in the webmap. Thanks

0 Kudos
HeatherMcCracken
Esri Contributor

Wetherbee! fancy meeting you here.

Is this Explorer iOS or Explorer Android?

Are you able to share the data with me so i can investigate?  The issues that I am aware of have been resolved with the latest - so this sound like something new. Let's get to the bottom of it.

If you can share - you can follow the instructions here and share with the "heather_nitro" user?

Otherwise - we can follow up via email (hmccracken@esri.com) and I can get more details from you to try to repro scenario in house

Cheers,

Heather

0 Kudos
HeatherMcCracken
Esri Contributor

Wetherbee,

After some investigation it seems the lack of results coming back from identifying have something to do with the Spatial references in this scenario. The webmap is in Web Mercator (102100), and the Map Service is in wkid 2007.  

I will continue to follow this up - but it seems you can workaround this if the Spatial References are consistent. Either both are in 102100, or both are in 2007, I am seeing the identify return results in Explorer.

Can you try using a Basemap layer that is in 2007 (so that the webmaps SR will be wkid 2007)? and see if you now get the identify results? 

In general, this should not be a problem for these to be different - but this case seems to be causing an issue.  I'm looking into the possibility that a Datum transformation (or lack thereof) might be at play here. I will follow up discussions with others who know more about this specific aspect and get back to you.

Best,

Heather

0 Kudos
JamesHodgson
New Contributor

Hi

Was this ever resolved?

We have an AGOL Map.  All the layers seem to work and the popup appears, apart from one.  Everything is OK via the AGOL design pages, but not in Explorer 18.1.0 on Android and iOS

Cheers

ACM

0 Kudos