Pop-up limitations in Explorer for ArcGIS?

05-28-2018 07:00 PM
PaulDoherty2
Occasional Contributor III

It appears that some pop-up configurations will not work in Explorer for ArcGIS.

Example: https://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=eda0f20edc8448adaa3373cce237a57f  (Esri Tapestry default pop-up)

Device: iPhone 6

Software: Explorer for ArcGIS via ArcGIS Enterprise

Error: If you click on a polygon, the pop-up never loads. Sometimes it is even logs me out of Explorer! 

Is this a known issue? Is there any documentation on what types of pop-up configurations will not work in Explorer?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
PaulDoherty2

Upon investigation, it appears to be related to Premium / Subscriber content being authorized via ArcGIS Enterprise. Nothing I did to the pop-up configuration allowed me to see the pop-up in the Tapestry or Population Density layers. 

When I loaded a similar layer, but not subscriber content, the pop-ups worked without any issue. The layer I used instead was SVI 2014 https://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=f951e0df78604cf0ab1fda61a575be6b 

Is this a known issue or should I follow-up with Esri Support?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey Paul Doherty‌,

There some known issues when using a couple of the premium demographic services in the mobile clients. In short, features are locally cached in a SQLite database when using Explorer. These particular services are causing us to run into some SQLite limits -- for instance too many fields. This issue has made it's rounds internally, so the future services that are published can be more normalized.

Unfortunately, I'm not aware of any workarounds that would allow for you to identify within Explorer using this dataset. If this is a showstopper for you, I would recommend following-up with Esri Support to create a BUG that I could link to our internal development issue. 

I would not expect you to get logged out when trying to identify on this layer though. Can you describe how you went about getting in the state where it would log you out? Were you signed in to ArcGIS Enterprise (Portal for ArcGIS) or ArcGIS Online?

0 Kudos
PaulDoherty2

Joel –

Thank you for the fast response. I’ll to get a bug reported as soon as possible. I found this while creating an assignment for my University which means I need to work the administration as liaisons with Esri Support.

As for the logout issue, it may have been an anomaly as I was unable to replicate.

This is using ArcGIS Online, but authenticating using some kind of active directory.

• Paul

0 Kudos