Mobile Map Package not opening in Explorer - "Can't open map - Invalid response"

07-19-2019 07:16 AM
deleted-user-M0V5-IqusbtS
New Contributor III

Hello-

I recently upgraded to ArcGIS Pro 2.3.2 and was in need of updating a .mmpk shared within our organization in AGOL containing a vector tile package of our facility basemap layers.  This mobile map package is about 50MB and worked great in Explorer for the last year.  I went through the prescribed methods per ESRI doc on updating the .mmpk and this seems to work great (no errors, named the same, all good on update) but when I try to open in Explorer I get an error saying "Can't open map, invalid response".

I've tried to remove the shared .mmpk and start from scratch (by using the GP tool to create a .mmpk and then uploading this file in AGOL - this was the original method I used to publish/share).  This also yields the same error so thinking not related to the update process.  Any ideas on troubleshooting potential causes - or is this problem being seen by any other users?

Thanks - any help is greatly appreciated!

Eric Sack/GISP-

0 Kudos
2 Replies
KyleOberg
New Contributor III

I'm experiencing the same error with a larger (450MB) mmpk of our whole county after first testing with a sample township extent (11MB) mmpk that opened and functioned as expected in Explorer. Also running v 2.3.2. Perhaps update to ArcGIS Pro v 2.4 can help? Might give that a try.

0 Kudos
CorrynSmith2
New Contributor III

Any result?  I have having the same issues 

0 Kudos