How can you search your feature layers in Explorer?

01-03-2020 08:00 AM
APaulsen
Occasional Contributor

I want to search by the fields I specified in the web map in the mobile Explorer app.  How is this done?  Seems worthless if you can't search your objects in the mobile environment.

10 Replies
MarkBockenhauer
Esri Regular Contributor

It should work, which OS are you using Explore on?

Did  you set up feature search by layer in the webmap settings?

APaulsen
Occasional Contributor

Why does it only let you specify one search field per layer?

0 Kudos
MarkBockenhauer
Esri Regular Contributor

I think that is just a UI design choice  that was chosen...  You can add the same layer multiple times choosing different fields and Explorer will return results from all of the fields.

RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III

You need to set up the search in your web map or wep app

0 Kudos
AshleyHayes2
New Contributor III

I followed the guidance provided above to configure my web map to search by layer and it works great in my web map.  However, the only part of it that works in Explorer is that the 'hint text' appears, while the actual search of the layer does not work at all.  Any suggestions?  I would be happy to email someone some screenshots, etc.  Thanks!   

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey Ashley Hayes‌,

Which platform and version of Explorer are you using? What do you see for results after you execute the search? Feel free to email me a jwhitney@esri.com and we can discuss further.

0 Kudos
ElaineCollinson
New Contributor

Hello, 

I'm having similar issues with the Explorer App. I've configured the Search to look up some of our asset numbers. It works in our ArcGIS Online Map when we are using a desktop computer, but it is not working in the Explorer App. When I type in an asset number it just brings up postcodes in Singapore. I'm running App version 20.2.1 and Android version 10. I've attached two images, the first is the Web map application settings showing the search by asset ID. The second is a screenshot from the Explorer App, showing an exact asset number that instead returns addresses in Singapore.

0 Kudos
HelenWhiteley
New Contributor III

Hi,

I am also experiencing this.  The search is configured in the web map and works in AGOL.  I have updated the hint text and this displays in Explorer, but I am unable to search by configured search layers in Explorer.  Did anyone ever get to the bottom of this?  Also, is it possible to restrict the ESRI Search to one country? I also do not need postcodes from Singapore returned...

Thanks,

Helen

0 Kudos
ElwynPratt1
New Contributor II

This functionality is currently broken and/or buggy on mobile and web ever since upgrading Pro to 2.7

0 Kudos