Labels in a Mobile Map Package

Jump to solution
02-21-2020 08:24 AM
PatrickRobb1
New Contributor II

Does anyone know of any issues/bug fixes/workarounds for layers (that are turned off) in a mobile map package that still display the labels? The only way I have found to get them to turn off is to turn the layer on and back off. This is not very productive to say the least. This is happening with lines and polygons both. We can't convert everything to a vtpk as the staff will need to identify the layers underneath. Has anyone else had this issue and have a better workaround?

We are using:

• ArcPro 2.5 - Creating the MMPK
  • 10.6.1 Server for the layers (if that matters)
  • Arc Explorer for windows - viewing the MMPK

Any assistance in this would be greatly appreciated.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PatrickRobb1
New Contributor II

Update: You have to turn off the layers in the feature data set or group layer. Hope that helps

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
SebastienPelletier
Occasional Contributor

I have the same problem with the IOS and Windows version. I also have labels that even,  if the layer is no longer visible, the labels remain on the map.

0 Kudos
PatrickRobb1
New Contributor II

Update: You have to turn off the layers in the feature data set or group layer. Hope that helps

0 Kudos
WilliamRice
Occasional Contributor II

Yes, I also have the same problem with the labeling initially appearing in Explorer for iPad for just one polygon layer in the mmpk.  Toggling the layer on and off makes the label go away which suggests that this is an app type issue.   Have to do some more testing with just this one layer to try and see if this is a Pro issue or an Explorer for iOS issue.  Used ArcGIS Pro 2.5.1 to create the mmpk.

0 Kudos