External Receiver in ArcGIS Explorer

Jump to solution
01-11-2019 07:39 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is it possible to use an external receiver in ArcGIS Explorer for iPad?  It would be great if we could use an trimble r1 to show location instead of the integrated receiver on the device.  This would be a nice feature for remembers of an organization who don't need to be using Collector but still needs high accuracy location being shown in a map.

13 Replies
Kenny_Ratliff
New Contributor III

Hey Jared,

I've not heard from anyone about testing or providing feedback.  We have our units set up to capture the Arrow's metadata.  Guess I need to go to the Beta site and see if I can register for the Explorer.

Kenny

0 Kudos
BrentPierce
Esri Contributor

Kenny,

What platform(s) are you interested in? We should have the iOS and Android betas out in a month or so. I can be sure to include you on the list if you're interested. Email explorer4arcgis@esri.com if you're interested.

Thanks,

- Brent

Kenny_Ratliff
New Contributor III

Hey Brent,

We are using Android tablets with the Arrow units.  I just went out to the Beta Community site to make sure I hadn't missed something.  The email for inclusion will be sent in just a few moments!  Look forward to helping test.

Thanks!

Kenny

JaredTaylor
New Contributor III

We are testing a map for our guys to locate valves that have been buried and or paved over.  We are currently using an Arrow 100 with an iPad.

0 Kudos