Select to view content in your preferred language

explorer for ArcGIS Android

Jump to solution
10-08-2014 06:02 AM
ErikBlake
Regular Contributor

Does anybody know when esri is going to get around to releasing the explorer for arcgis app for android. I read they said this fall. But does anybody have a more concise time frame then just this fall. Just curious because some of our employees are abandoning their iPads for Androids. and I like explorer, so I was just wondering. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ChrisLeSueur
Esri Contributor

Hi Erik,

Explorer for ArcGIS on Android is coming along very nicely, I think you (and your employees) will be happy with the finished product. It is hard to give an exact date, but based our recent status meetings I can tell you that we expect to release Explorer on Android sometime during the last 2 weeks of November.

-Chris

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
ChrisLeSueur
Esri Contributor

Hi Erik,

Explorer for ArcGIS on Android is coming along very nicely, I think you (and your employees) will be happy with the finished product. It is hard to give an exact date, but based our recent status meetings I can tell you that we expect to release Explorer on Android sometime during the last 2 weeks of November.

-Chris

0 Kudos
ErikBlake
Regular Contributor

Chris

Thanks for the heads up.

0 Kudos
ScottSimon
New Contributor II

Erik,

Did you happen to see blog posting Chris made recently?

Explorer on Android is coming! | ArcGIS Blog

-Scott

0 Kudos
ScottSimon
New Contributor II

Erik,

In case you haven't seen it yet, Explorer for ArcGIS on Android has been released! Here's a blog posting about the release:

Now Available: Explorer for ArcGIS on Android | ArcGIS Blog

-Scott

0 Kudos
ErikBlake
Regular Contributor

Scott

I downloaded it and tried to sign in and it kept telling me that failed to load map signing you out. I went to other sign in options and put the url to our organization page. And still can't sign in. Not sure if I am doing it right. Am I missing a step. Or is there a bug already. Would like to start to use it but can't get signed in

0 Kudos
ScottSimon
New Contributor II

Erik,

The only way that I know of that the application will fail to load a map and sign you out is if your organization does not have a valid default basemap configured properly. Can you contact the administrator of your organization and have them check? I believe they can go to 'Edit Settings', the 'Map' tab, then make sure the 'Default Basemap' option has a valid basemap selected.

-Scott

0 Kudos
ErikBlake
Regular Contributor

Scott

Ok. Thanks. I will look at that

0 Kudos
ScottSimon
New Contributor II

In the meantime, if you just want to check out the application you can choose the 'Continue without signing in' option on the start/welcome screen.

0 Kudos