Custom Picture Markers in Vector Tile Package in Web Map on ArcGIS Explorer

Jump to solution
04-16-2019 11:26 AM
Col_Forbin
New Contributor III

I created a map in ArcGIS Pro 2.3.2 with a point feature class that has custom picture markers for its symbols.  I then created a vector tile package from this map, and shared it to ArcGIS Online.  I then published this in AGO as a tile layer, and added this tile layer to a new web map as the basemap.  I saved the web map.  The web map appears as expected in AGO map viewer.   When I try to open the web map in ArcGIS Explorer on my Android phone I get an error saying "Can't open map Invalid response".  I removed the layer that contains the picture marker symbols and went through the whole workflow again.  Once I did that, the map was viewable in ArcGIS Explorer.

Has anyone else experienced this behaviour?  Does ArcGIS Explorer not support vector tile layers that contain layers with custom picture markers?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Col_Forbin
New Contributor III

I've been in touch with support and it turns out there is a bug when opening a mobile map package in Explorer for ArcGIS that contains a vector tile package with point features that have labels and unique value symbology.  The workaround for now is to add the layer multiple times to the map e.g. if there are three unique picture marker symbols then add it three times.

https://support.esri.com/en/bugs/nimbus/QlVHLTAwMDEyMTA4Nw==

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
MarkBockenhauer
Esri Regular Contributor

Was the picture markersymbol .svg?    I think .svg picture marker symbols will result in the error you are seeing.  though I am not sure how they are represented in a tilelayer

0 Kudos
Col_Forbin
New Contributor III

The picture markers were png files.

0 Kudos
Col_Forbin
New Contributor III

I've been in touch with support and it turns out there is a bug when opening a mobile map package in Explorer for ArcGIS that contains a vector tile package with point features that have labels and unique value symbology.  The workaround for now is to add the layer multiple times to the map e.g. if there are three unique picture marker symbols then add it three times.

https://support.esri.com/en/bugs/nimbus/QlVHLTAwMDEyMTA4Nw==

0 Kudos