Can't access secure role based map service

05-06-2014 04:15 AM
KasperLiden_Kjaerbo
New Contributor II
I can't access secure map services from our ArcGIS Server, that has role based access enabled, via the Explorer for ArcGIS. When accessing the services via a web map in a browser I experience no problems.

Is this a bug in Explorer for ArcGIS? Or is there a way to fix it?

- Kasper
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
NickBlack
Esri Contributor
Hi Kasper,

We're sorry to hear you're having a problem with this. Thanks for letting us know.

We'll investigate this issue and keep you updated.

Thanks,
Nick
0 Kudos
NickBlack
Esri Contributor
Kasper,

We have verified that it is possible to access services using role-based security using Explorer; you should be presented with a credentials dialog when you open the map. What behavior are you seeing?

Please could you provide more details on your set-up? What version of server are you running, and could you give more specifics on the role and service in question.

Thanks in advance,
Nick
0 Kudos
KasperLiden_Kjaerbo
New Contributor II
Hi Nick,

We are using a setup where both ArcGIS Online and our on-premise ArcGIS Servers uses the same ADFS for authentication.
The roles repository is coming from our windows domain.
All communication is using SSL.
The Web Adaptor in the DMZ is set to Windows Authentication:True and no anonymous access.
The ArcGIS servers are running 10.2.

I am not presented with any dialogs. It seems to me that the loading time indicates some activity on the server, but no maps are displayed.

Thank you.

- Kasper
0 Kudos
NickBlack
Esri Contributor
Hi Kasper,

Thanks for the extra information. We'll do some more investigation on this and see if we can reproduce this scenario.

Regards,
Nick
0 Kudos
KasperLiden_Kjaerbo
New Contributor II
Hi Nick,

Any news on this matter?
Are you able to reproduce the problem?
Can I provide you with more details or information on our setup?

Best regards,
Kasper
0 Kudos
NickBlack
Esri Contributor
Hi Nick,

Any news on this matter?
Are you able to reproduce the problem?
Can I provide you with more details or information on our setup?

Best regards,
Kasper

Hi Kasper

Sorry for the delay we're still working on the environment and attempting to reproduce the issue.

I'll update the thread once we're in a position to repro.

Thanks for your patience.
Nick
0 Kudos
NickBlack
Esri Contributor
Hi Kasper,

We've setup and environment similar to what you describe, but unfortunately we're still unable to reproduce the problem.

Is it possible for you to provide a screenshot of your ArcGIS Server Security settings?
e.g  what you see at the following page:http://[server_name]/arcgis/manager/security.html

Also, please could you double check the connectivity between your device and the server in question- try to browse the server endpoint in a browser.

Thanks in advance,
Nick
0 Kudos
KasperLiden_Kjaerbo
New Contributor II
Hi Nick,

I have attached a screendump of the requested URL.

When accessing the AGS via the browser on the device, then I'm prompted for my credentials. As stated earlier, I'm not prompted when using the Explorer for ArcGIS.

If I logon to my organization on AGOL, and browse to the web map then I don't have any issues, and the map content is displayed on the map in the browser.

FYI - Matthew from support has created an incident and has been assigned to it.

Thanks,
Kasper
0 Kudos
NickBlack
Esri Contributor
Thanks for the info Kasper, I will let Matthew take it from here. Sorry I couldn't resolve this issue for you.

Regards,
Nick
0 Kudos