ArcGIS Explorer 20.1.2 for Windows Certificate

01-21-2021 01:44 PM
MarcSIMON
Esri Contributor

Hello,

I just installed ArcGIS Explorer  for Windows at an Offline network. What is the exact purpose from the delivered certificate into the package? This certificate is only valide for a few months. What with the renewing from this certificate? If the certificate is not renewed is this a blocking factor?

Best Regards.

Marc Simon

marc.simon@esribelux.com

0 Kudos
5 Replies
PeterTQFES
Occasional Contributor

Can I ask how you managed to install ArcGIS Explorer for Windows offline?  We do not have Windows App Store available to us and want to package it for our users.  

Peter T, Brisbane
0 Kudos
MarcSIMON
Esri Contributor

At first sorry for the late answer. Please find in attach my installation process for disconnected environment.

0 Kudos
PeterTQFES
Occasional Contributor

Thank you for that.  I'm assuming that doesn't solve your question around the certificate?

Peter T, Brisbane
0 Kudos
MarcSIMON
Esri Contributor

Effectively. I never received a response to the question of certificate. It was for the version 20.1.2. Now is available the version 21.0.1. I need to test it. 

Version 21.0.1 is normally the Last release.

Best Regards,

Marc

0 Kudos
rzufelt
Occasional Contributor

I just ran into issues with this.

Basically, windows will not let you install/sideload the Explorer app unless the certificate is valid.  It appears to run fine with expired certificate if installed before that date.

I installed 21.0.1 on 9 computers earlier this year, and now had to install on a different one.  Well, no joy as the certificate is no longer valid.

So, ended up downloading the latest version (21.0.2) to install it.  Again, the certificate is only good for a year, and is only self signed this time, so the app package can't install it automagically, and you need to install the certificate before you can install Explorer.

Also, the new Explorer houses the sideloaded packages in a appdata folder with a slightly different name, so, if you have done like I did and made Explorer available to all users on the computer, you will now have re-do everything to "update" to a different version.  Or, you will need to move your sideloaded packages to the new location.

Once again, ESRI making things very difficult to keep everything up to date and on same version.

R_