Select to view content in your preferred language

Unsupported Web map

06-13-2012 12:59 PM
DanielOrtega
New Contributor
Hi.

i was worcking with ArcGis Explorer on line , and suddenly whe i try to add a service to my project it send me this message:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15188[/ATTACH]

and now i can´t open my map!! it keeps sending me that... how can i fix it?

could you help me please, it took me a lot of work to do that map .....
thank you very much.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
ShellyGill2
Occasional Contributor
Hi Daniel,

Normally when you see this message, it's because the browser is using an old version of the Explorer Online application from the browser cache, instead of checking for and getting the new version. That looks like Internet Explorer you're using - so go to the Internet Options dialog -> General tab -> Browsing history section, click Delete, and choose to delete at least temporary internet files.
I have had problems with IE, that even if I click the button to delete all browser cached files, it still hangs on to the old application. If you delete your browser cache and still get the same problem, my recommendation would be to go to the cache directly (Internet Options dialog -> General tab -> Browsing history section, click Settings, click View Files) and look for ExplorerOnline.xap and delete that file, then restart the browser. The latest copy of the application from the Esri website will then be downloaded.

Hope this helps
0 Kudos
DanielOrtega
New Contributor
Hi Shelly,

Thank you for your answer, i did everything you said, but i still have the same problem... it keeps sending the same message, i really need to work on that map, i was doing it great yesterday , and now i can´t even see it..

My project id:  3f727c7805574ed799c7973f24207e0a  

maybe if you can get access on your IE version, that will help us to find what is the problem

Thank you
0 Kudos
ShellyGill2
Occasional Contributor
There's a few other things you can try if you're still having this problem:
- Try another browser, if you have one - maybe use one that you have not used Explorer Online with before (so it definately wouldnt have a cached version of the app).
- Try opening the map in the online map viewer (http://www.arcgis.com/home/webmap/viewer.html) - this wont be able to make dashboards or queries, but all your other content will be there I think. You can also share the map from here (I couldnt find that webmap ID, so I guess it's not shared publically - I cant open it unless it's shared).).
- Try opening your map on a different machine.

Hope one of these helps you,
0 Kudos