Select to view content in your preferred language

New Soil Hydrology Web map

06-22-2012 01:47 PM
EricDaniel
Occasional Contributor III
Sorry, I meant for this to be under ArcGIS online forum, can someone please move it to there? 

I wasn't sure where else to post this so I thought I would add it here.  I was just checking out a new blog post on a new Soil Hydrology webmap on ArcGIS online.  I zoomed into an area in California and I began to look at the soil type names and none of them seem to be correct or accurate.  In fact, a quick search of the soil type names show they are from South & North Dakota or Minnesota, definitely not California soil types.   Can someone look into why the data looks to be wrong?  Not sure how widespread it is. Also, was hoping to find if there is a feature service that available with this data.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
MichaelDangermond
New Contributor III
Hi Wilbev, for the time being I took the soil names out, the rest of the attributes are fine, however.  I am going to re-join the soil name to the table and repost, for the time being I took the soil name out of the popup.  Thanks for the head's up!  Michael

Sorry, I meant for this to be under ArcGIS online forum, can someone please move it to there? 

I wasn't sure where else to post this so I thought I would add it here.  I was just checking out a new blog post on a new Soil Hydrology webmap on ArcGIS online.  I zoomed into an area in California and I began to look at the soil type names and none of them seem to be correct or accurate.  In fact, a quick search of the soil type names show they are from South & North Dakota or Minnesota, definitely not California soil types.   Can someone look into why the data looks to be wrong?  Not sure how widespread it is. Also, was hoping to find if there is a feature service that available with this data.
0 Kudos
EricDaniel
Occasional Contributor III
Thanks for the update Micheal.  Any chance this is or plans to be made available as a feature service to use and query in our own maps?  Looks like a great resource that could provide much more detail than the Soil Survey map service.
0 Kudos