Force Query Panel to open on map load?

06-04-2012 04:01 AM
RobDunfey
Occasional Contributor
Hello!

Is there a way to force Explorer online to open with the Query panel displayed when a map is opened, or opened via a URL?  This would be useful, as our target audience won't find the Query Panel button (they typically have the attention span of a goldfish), I'd like to have the map open, with the query panel displayed?

Rob
0 Kudos
1 Reply
ShellyGill2
Occasional Contributor
Hello Rob.

I'm afraid I dont know of any way to force this to happen; by design, the user controls the state of various side panels either by directly collapsing or uncollapsing (like the Layers panel) or by indirect actions such as running a query (which shows the Query Results panel). To save the exact state of the panels when the map is saved could make life more difficult for map authors when maintaining existing maps that are shared with others.

Perhaps if you have users who are more of a viewer role, with less Explorer Online experience, you could add a permanent layer which has a Filter Expression applied, so the query is permamently applied to the map contents?
http://help.arcgis.com/en/arcgisexplorer/help/#/Filter_features/015600000059000000/

Shelly
0 Kudos