Find Places search tool in ArcGIS Explorer Online

07-21-2011 07:39 AM
SteveVossler
New Contributor
Has anyone had trouble using the Find Places search tool in ArcGIS Explorer Online? I???m trying to find locations by Lat/Long and every time I put in the coordinates it tells in the results window ???Place not found???. I???ve tried to enter it in several formats such as degrees minute seconds and decimal degrees, but it still comes back with the same results. Is this a feature that has gone away with ArcGIS Explorer Online?
0 Kudos
6 Replies
PatrickWard1
New Contributor II
This has been logged as bug NIM070532: ArcGIS Explorer Online does not let a user search by latitude and longitude. Please call Tech Support at 1-888-377-4575 to have your organizations customer number added to NIM070532 for tracking purposes.
0 Kudos
JeffJackson
New Contributor III
Yes, this capability went away with the latest release of Explorer Online, but it will be returning shortly. Look for it to come back in the next release which is target for the beginning of August.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

-Jeff
0 Kudos
SteveVossler
New Contributor
Thanks Patrick and Jeff, I will be waiting patiently for the update.

Steve
0 Kudos
JeffJackson
New Contributor III
The update went live last night and the ability to find x,y coordinates is back.

There are a few other enhancements. For example, Explorer Online now wraps the map across the international dateline.

Check here for the complete list: http://help.arcgis.com/en/arcgisexplorer/help/#/What_s_new/015600000031000000/
0 Kudos
SveinungRaheim
Occasional Contributor
We have found a similar case in the desktop version of ArcGIS explorer. (build 1750, 2.0.0.1750). I have also installed the ArcGISexplorer Engine Expansion Pack.
Using "Find" works fine with UTM-coordinates (eg 8683787, 513473 (UTM WGS83, zone 33N)). If I try to put in lat/long, it does not work.
N 78 E 17 gives the result "N78, Athy", 78.5 16.5 (decimal degrees) goes to a completely wrong place.

The map coordinate system is projected: UTM wgs84, 33N.

Anybody have any suggestions?
0 Kudos
LefterisKoumis
Occasional Contributor III
That's not correct. I still cannopt get the location. I get the message not found.

The update went live last night and the ability to find x,y coordinates is back.

There are a few other enhancements. For example, Explorer Online now wraps the map across the international dateline.

Check here for the complete list: http://help.arcgis.com/en/arcgisexplorer/help/#/What_s_new/015600000031000000/
0 Kudos