Error viewing map on mobile devices

03-19-2012 10:59 AM
NDFResource
New Contributor
I have created an online map using arcgis online explorer. I can not view it on any devices. The error I get on various android phone and tablets is "MAP FAILED TO LOAD". On the Ipad the error I get is New basemap failed to load and I do not have permissions to access this resource or perform this application.

Any ideas on how to fix it

Thanks

John
0 Kudos
2 Replies
AlinaTaus
Occasional Contributor
I have created an online map using arcgis online explorer. I can not view it on any devices. The error I get on various android phone and tablets is "MAP FAILED TO LOAD". On the Ipad the error I get is New basemap failed to load and I do not have permissions to access this resource or perform this application.

Any ideas on how to fix it

Thanks

John

I am having a similar problem. I created a Web Map through ArcGIS Online that is using an image service from our GIS Server as a basemap. When I try to open that Map on my iPad I get the New Basemap failed to load error messag However, the interesting thing is that on one other Ipad device I can open my Web App just fine. Both iPad devices are set up the exact same way... So I have no idea what is causing the problem. 

Anybody have any suggestions??
0 Kudos
JeffreyBurka
New Contributor III
It seems like this is caused by ArcGIS not working properly with old configuration files after an upgrade via the app store. Try deleting the app from your iOS device, which will delete any old settings files. Reinstall the app from the app store, log back in to your esri global account and see if that helps.
0 Kudos