SOOOOOOOO FRUSTRATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

06-21-2011 11:36 AM
NathanBrown1
New Contributor
I dont understand why everthing has to be so different!!  I have arc 10.0 and my client wants a simple gis system.  So Im setting him up with arcgis explorer.  Everything should display for him fine right.....wrong!!!!!!  My client is a city with a sewer system.  When working with sewer you need to know which way it is going.  NO WAY TO DO FLOW ARROWS IN EXPLORER.  Does anyone have any ideas??  I would just set my client up with tatukgis viewer that works much better, but unfortunatly that program is like and act of congress to make hotlink work from my database.  Please someone throw me a bone.  Can you program flow arrows in with some script or something????
0 Kudos
4 Replies
DarrenWiens2
MVP Honored Contributor
You can't expect too much from ArcExplorer (a free GIS viewer, not a proper GIS). Don't waste your energy getting frustrated - unfortunately, you are getting what you are paying for. And tell your client that. I'm not saying you need to go with ESRI, but if you're going to do much of anything (without serious techie know-how) you won't find it for free.
0 Kudos
NathanBrown1
New Contributor
I do have the full version of 10, my client just wants it so he can see it in a free viewer.  Just a side note, I emailed Tatukgis about a problem I have with theirs and they emailed me back in an hour.  WOW
0 Kudos
DarrenWiens2
MVP Honored Contributor
So you figured out how to do arrows in ArcGIS, but they don't come through in Explorer, is that correct?
0 Kudos
AndreiIvanov
New Contributor III
If you can get arrows in ArcMap - share the map as a layer package. User should be able open it just fine.
0 Kudos