Select to view content in your preferred language

Interactive geotagging doesn't place photo at clicked point

07-03-2011 03:19 AM
DarrylDempsey
New Contributor
We have found that when interactively placing non-geotagged photos that Explorer places the point about 95 meters south of the clicked point. Is there some way to fix this problem?

We use a 2D coordinate system with the RD_New projection for the Netherlands. There is an attachment with our .nmf in the thread I started about notes not being available for point layers in spatial selection. If you folks would like a new attachment for testing, just let me know ....
0 Kudos
11 Replies
DarrylDempsey
New Contributor
Hi Mark,
I'll send up the screenshot tomorrow of the 2D projection settings for the map on the computer which doesn't have geotagged photo's heading south (about 100m). You'll see they're identical.

By the way, wouldn't setting the projection to none mean that the base map World Imagery would no longer align with all our layers which are in RD_New?

I had this problem when we first started with AGX and contacted ESRI Netherlands. They sent me a detailed explanation and screenshots of how to set the projection to fix this.  Hence the settings in my screenshots.
0 Kudos
DarrylDempsey
New Contributor
Mark,
Here are the screenshots showing the projection settings for both maps.
As you can see, the settings are identical. They both started from the same map after all.

Hope you have a solution to this problem for us.
0 Kudos