Georeferencing multiple images with same coordinates

Jump to solution
07-18-2016 07:34 AM
NanneTolsma
New Contributor

Hello all,

I have multiple images which show the same place (just a different time). I georeferenced one image with 26 points which I saved in a .txt file. When I opened the second image and loaded this .txt file I expected when I updated the georeferencing the image to adjust to the same position, but this didn't happen.

The first image is in WGS 1984 and the second as well so this is not the problem. What should I do differently?

Thanks in advance,

Nanne

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
NanneTolsma
New Contributor

Thanks guys for the tips. Unfortunately it didn't work but I found a way around it.

I copied the georeferenced files .tfwx and .aux and renamed the files after the other tiff files. I also had to delete the x of the tfwx files as well. Now they are all correctly georeferenced.

Thanks again.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor
JimCousins
MVP Regular Contributor

Are your images the exact same extent? If not, you can not apply your control points from one to the others. If they are the same extents, and do not contain any georeferencing information already, you should be able to apply the same control point file to your images successfully.

Best Regards,

Jim

0 Kudos
NanneTolsma
New Contributor

Thanks guys for the tips. Unfortunately it didn't work but I found a way around it.

I copied the georeferenced files .tfwx and .aux and renamed the files after the other tiff files. I also had to delete the x of the tfwx files as well. Now they are all correctly georeferenced.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos