Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Explorer won't intall

04-16-2010 08:28 AM
BruceDavidson
Emerging Contributor
I decided that I'd try ArcGIS Explorer (build 1200) on my home computer. Before downloading, I ran the app to make sure that I met the minimum requirements to run the program and I passed. So I downloaded and ran the installation program. Everything appeared normal until the very end when I get the Dialog box saying "Configuring ArcGIS Explorer...This may take several minutes." How about an hour?

I finally gave up, logged off, shutdown the computer, and turned the PC back on.  I found ArcGIS Explorer listed in my applications so I tried to run it.  NO LUCK. "Application failed to initialize properly...".

I tried to uninstall. NO LUCK. Apparently it determined the installation didn't finish so it tried to install again, without any success. Same results as the initial install.

This time I aborted the install process, went back to the Control Panel and tried to uninstall again. This time it attempted to uninstall, but couldn't because the installation never finished.

Now I'm just sitting here steaming and wondering why I ever bothered to try.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
BobLooney
Deactivated User
Don't bother.
It locks up in Win7 every few minutes. It's locked up right now as a matter of fact.
Very disappointed with this build. V450 and 500 ran great, 900 was good, 1200 is pitiful.
Re installed V900 before posting this and it hasn't missed a beat running the same map that 1200 choked on.
0 Kudos
FabioPetaccia
Emerging Contributor
Hi,
what's your SO?
your internet configuration?

mee too have problem, but never with installation....
0 Kudos
BobLooney
Deactivated User
cable internet

What is SO?
0 Kudos