Aberration in Dutch 'RD_New' coordinates?

07-27-2011 10:53 PM
Hansde_Bruijn
New Contributor
With coordinates set to 'RD_New' I persistently get an aberration of x= about 20 meters and y = about 100 meters.

What might be wrong? With whom or what?

HdB
0 Kudos
5 Replies
deleted-user-_nneQkjI60lp
New Contributor
Did you find the solution for you problem? I have the exact same problem!

Thanx for the reply,

Tirza
0 Kudos
Hansde_Bruijn
New Contributor
Did you find the solution for you problem? I have the exact same problem!

Thanx for the reply,

Tirza

Dear/Beste Tirza,

No, I didn't. I gave up.

Yours,

Hans
0 Kudos
DarrylDempsey
New Contributor
Hi Hans and Tirza,
If you look at the attachments in my post titled Interactive Geotagging does not honour projection settings, you will see the 2D map projection settings we use. This information was provided by ESRI Nederland and enabled us to line up all our RD_New layers with World Imagery as Base Map.

The Bing base map still didn't line up well. Differences of up to 15 meters here in Zeeland. According to ESRI Nederland this has to do with inaccuracies in Bing Maps and Microsoft says Bing Maps is not designed for accurate survey overlay. All these base maps are basically mosaics and if the pieces are not carefully put together differences are bound to occurr. Converting between spheroidal- and ellipsoid-based base maps seems also to be a problem.

I can send you the info I received from ESRI Nederland if you like (in Dutch).

Don't blame you for giving up. I started on AGX with enthusiasm and have contributed positively to this forum as well as seeking advice. However problems I have raised w.r.t AGX functions and RD_New have just been half-answered by ESRI and then left to sink slowly in the forum 'til they disappear from the ken of men.

I also see others on the forum receiving the same treatment. Maybe everyone is on holiday at Redlands. Maybe ESRI has rethought it's AGX priorities. Who knows?

We also use FME software and I regularly check out their forum. If you want to see the difference between how 2 firms respond to customer queries and problems, have a look at that forum.
AGX is free. Still it doesn't strike me as smart marketing/business practice if you don't plan to seriously help users having real problems with your software.
0 Kudos
MarkBockenhauer
Esri Regular Contributor
We have identified a problem with the map transformation logic in ArcGIS Explorer and are working to fix it.  Once fixed we will release an updated version of ArcGIS Explorer.  We do appreciate your feedback, and specifically bringing this issue to our attention.

Sometimes, it just takes more time than desired to determine what the problem is, and provide a solution...

Mark
0 Kudos
Hansde_Bruijn
New Contributor
Well, so we're waiting for the final fix.
Thanks to all of you.

HdB
0 Kudos