Select to view content in your preferred language

Widgets trigger opening the Sidebar

08-27-2024 12:50 PM
Labels (1)
EmmaCurran18
Occasional Contributor

Hello, I am looking to trigger the sidebar opening from a widget (such as the Near Me tool, after a 'selection' is made from the tool). Right now, there is an option for opening the sidebar via 'Record selection changes', but it seems that that is only triggered via an actual Select tool on the widget (which doesn't exist for Near Me) or when a Select tool is on the map, which wouldn't help for this use case. I am confused why it offers me this Action item if it isn't possible/doesn't work.

Does anyone know a workaround for triggering a sidebar or a card to open/popup once the Near Me tool is used?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
TimWestern
Frequent Contributor

This is actually a good question, because I thought that a lot of the layout controls like Sidebar, don't have actions they can be bound to.  If it were possible to hook them together to toggle state that would be awesome.

0 Kudos
EmmaCurran18
Occasional Contributor

It's pretty new, as of the June 2024 release. But the functionality of it is confusing- so close to what I actually need it to do 😂

0 Kudos
ShengdiZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @EmmaCurran18 ,

I cannot reproduce your issue. I use the Near me widget and set Record selection changes - Open sidebar, and it works:

Regards,

Shengdi

EmmaCurran18
Occasional Contributor

@ShengdiZhang Thanks for the reply! I changed the way my Near Me results are being shown and I see that it does open- but I currently have a situation where when I use Near Me on a polygon, the sidebar opens right after dropping a point using the tool. However when I use it on polylines, I have to click on the result in the Near Me window to get the sidebar to open. Settings for results for Near Me are the same- any idea here why it would be different?

0 Kudos