Select to view content in your preferred language

When no records selected in List Widget, display no data in Map Widget by default.

04-06-2024 06:11 AM
Labels (1)
Damian
by
Regular Contributor

Dear AGOL community,

I have a List Widget and a Map Widget. The two Widgets are linked so that when a user clicks on a record in my List Widget, it filters the corrosponding data in my Map Widget (Figure 1). When no records are selected in my List Widget, no filters are applied and all of my data is displayed in my Map Widget by default (Figure 2). I'm trying to change this behaviour so that when no records are selected in my List Widget, no data is displayed in my Map Widget by default (i.e. only base map is displayed).

Does anyone know how to do this?

Regards, Damian

Figure 1Figure 1Figure 2Figure 2

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Damian
by
Regular Contributor

Hi @JanSarata

Thank you for your response. Both of those posts you provided describe a Filter Widget to filter all of the data on the map (using the condition OBJECTID = -1). I have tried adding a Filter Widget to my map and turning off everything by default. But then I need some sort of trigger (on select) between my List Widget and the Filter Widget, to change the condition on the Filter Widget. I don't think this is possible, is it?

Regards, Damian

0 Kudos
JanSarata
Esri Contributor

Hi @Damian 

would it be possible for you to completely omit the Filter widget and use just the List widget and its filtering message action?

See my samle below

JanSarata_0-1712654074462.png

0 Kudos
Damian
by
Regular Contributor

Hi @JanSarata

So are you suggesting that when no values are selected on your List Widget, none of your point records are visible on your map? If this is the case could you provide a little more detail how you did that please?

Regards, Damian

0 Kudos
JanSarata
Esri Contributor

Hi @Damian 

I see your point now. I am not sure how to achieve this with out of the box widgets. I can imagine it would be quite easy customization to the List widget but you would need to use Experience Builder Developer edition, adn then host the app on your webserver or hsot the customized widget on Portal for ArcGIS.

Maybe others can sugegst some better approach.

0 Kudos