Select to view content in your preferred language

Views Navigation arrow missing for small screen sizes in Experience Builder

Jump to solution
12-06-2023 12:51 PM
Labels (1)
AndrewWelsh
New Contributor II

I am building an experience app using Views Navigation where I have a different map for each view. I am using Views Navigation to simulate a tabbed layout where you can choose a tab to view different maps (like in a map series story map).

I have run into a problem however in that the overflow arrow to help you scroll horizontally through the views (tabs) is missing for small screen size setups (e.g. 360 x 640)...It is there for the other sizes but not the small size which would be how people view the app on their phones.

AndrewWelsh_0-1701895744104.png

I want to check to make sure I am not missing a simple setting and/or to confirm this is a bug. Any ideas on this would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

Andrew

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @AndrewWelsh 

Visually in the builder/mobile mode, you will not see the arrow icon; however, the user experience is different than that of desktop/tablet - users will use a finger scroll directly. That's why it is designed to utilize another way to achieve a better experience (on mobile devices the icon might be too small to find & click).

You can try it on the actual phone (or a browser simulator), and it will look like this (this is the same with the Menu widget as well):

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @AndrewWelsh 

Visually in the builder/mobile mode, you will not see the arrow icon; however, the user experience is different than that of desktop/tablet - users will use a finger scroll directly. That's why it is designed to utilize another way to achieve a better experience (on mobile devices the icon might be too small to find & click).

You can try it on the actual phone (or a browser simulator), and it will look like this (this is the same with the Menu widget as well):

0 Kudos
AndrewWelsh
New Contributor II

Thank you @TonghuiMing, much appreciated!