Select to view content in your preferred language

View attribute table for 50 layers

Jump to solution
08-15-2023 03:58 AM
Labels (1)
OliverIshmael
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

I have added a pre-existing map to my Experience Builder app, which has about 50 layers. I would like to be able to view the attribute data of these layers within a Table. This is standard out of the box functionality in all other ESRI apps.

It appears as though i would need to use the Table Widget and would be required to set up a New Sheet for each layer.  This will be extremely laborious. Is there not a quicker and simpler approach?

Many thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JeffreyThompson2
MVP Regular Contributor

In the latest version of Experience Builder (1.12), there is an option in the Map Layers widget to view data in a table. You can add a blank Table Widget and let the user add whatever data they desire from the Map Layers Widget.

GIS Developer
City of Arlington, Texas

View solution in original post

3 Replies
JeffreyThompson2
MVP Regular Contributor

In the latest version of Experience Builder (1.12), there is an option in the Map Layers widget to view data in a table. You can add a blank Table Widget and let the user add whatever data they desire from the Map Layers Widget.

GIS Developer
City of Arlington, Texas
TimF
by
New Contributor III

I can see this has been solved and therefore did meet OP's requirements. So, just for the record:

The Map Layers 'Enable data action' does allow the data to be viewed in a Table without any configuration - so it's better than nothing - but it looks like it's a static table only, with no connection to the map frame. Users can't select a record on the table, or have any associated actions, such as panning/zooming to the record on the map. 

Unless I'm wrong... that sort of functionality does require the configuration with a new sheet for every layer you want users to be able to interactive with in a tabular manner. That is the sort of thing that was 'out-of-the-box' in WAB and therefore EB is lagging. (Don't get me wrong: it has many advantages, but maybe not here yet).

OliverIshmael
Occasional Contributor

Thank you for your feedback @TimF that's really helpful to know!

I actually accepted the solution without investigating this further because we are not yet at the required version and i'm not sure when our ICT service department will be carrying out the next update.

0 Kudos