Select to view content in your preferred language

use Template, retain widgets, change data source

02-24-2024 11:46 AM
Labels (1)
CHHS_2022
New Contributor

HI, I created an EB App which is working great. I now want to use same design, but change the Data Source. I made it into a Template however when I choose the template and then try to change the Data Source it reverts to what looks like a blank app/Map without any of the Widgets or layout retained. 

I am a newbie, and would like an explanation of what I am doing wrong and/or how to fix things.

A bit of a background. I imported a Map from ArcGIS Pro which had a Feature Layer showing historical property ownership polygons for one area. Then I developed the EB App. It works great. Now I have created the same map for a second area (very far away & not related to the previous area). I want to use the same EB App with different Feature Class data.

Thanks in advance

Jim Ward

0 Kudos
1 Reply
tmichael_wpjwa
New Contributor III

I think I'm running into the same issue.  I have a primary data source with hosted feature layer views created with specific filters.  I have created a web experience and have converted it into a template.  Now, I'd like to reconfigure a copy of the template to use a different web map (and by extension, different data sources) for each widget but I don't see a way to change/update the web map and widget data sources without having to reconfigure everything.

0 Kudos