Timeslider widget not updating/refreshing when new data is added

08-17-2022 01:04 PM
CharleneSylvester
New Contributor III

Hello. I am using the new timeslider widget in an Experience Builder application, and it appears that the widget does not auto update or refresh as new data is added to the hosted feature layer in my web map. This is the case whether I synchronize the time settings with that of the web map, or customize the time settings. 

Capture1.png shows the timeslider widget settings with available time range.

Capture2.png shows the latest times available in the hosted feature layer.

The only way that I've been able to get the timeslider widget to refresh is to delete the widget and re-add it to the application.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
4 Replies
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @CharleneSylvester,

Currently, there are two options to refresh/update the data used in ExB:

1. Use the 'Auto refresh' option in the data source layer settings -

TonghuiMing_0-1660791614322.png

2. Refresh the entire app to update the data change.

Once loaded, the data should not be changed unless using these two methods.

P.S. The behavior of "I've been able to get the Timeline widget to refresh is to delete the widget and re-add it to the application" is a little weird since it should not happen.

0 Kudos
CharleneSylvester
New Contributor III

Thank you for responding. I may have actually tracked this issue back to the web map, itself, which also does not appear to be refreshing to include the new records appended to the hosted feature layer. I have refresh data set on both the web map and the hosted feature layer. I can see the new data in the hosted feature layer, and even in that feature layers table via the web map (Capture3). The web map will also let me see/use the new data in a filter (Capture 5). Yet the timeline (Capture 4) and timeline options in the map do not reflect the new data. The end date in the timeline and timeline options should be 8/16/2022 1:00 PM.

Thank you for the tip on refreshing data in ExB 🙂

0 Kudos
CharleneSylvester
New Contributor III

Update! I believe I solved the issue, tracing it back to the ArcGIS Pro project that I'm using to publish the hosted feature layer. The Pro project layer with the data did NOT have the time option set to update the time ranges by refreshing as if it were a live feed. Once I set that, with a refresh interval, the time ranges on the Pro project layer, the hosted feature layer, my web map, and now the timeslider in my ExB app are all in sync!

TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

Glad to hear that you got it solved!

0 Kudos