Select to view content in your preferred language

The Filter Widget's Research function is reset when user click to tick on a selection

a month ago
JasonBOCQUET
Occasional Contributor II

Hi community,

I'm here to ask to you if anyone have the same problem than me.

I explain : Here is my filter widget 

JasonBOCQUET_0-1718011274239.png

If I type "C" on the Researh bar i've this : 

JasonBOCQUET_1-1718011299212.png

But, if I click on one tickbox to select one (for example Commerce) :

JasonBOCQUET_2-1718011334869.png

The research was reset and i'm forced to erase the "c" on the research textbar and type again to select another one.

So in this case the problem is not terrible, but i have a filter widget to search some society in France, and i would to allow to my user the possibility by using the research bar to tick multiple time on the widget without be forced to RETYPE each time their research. It's very not ergonomic to users.

Anyone have an idea of what can I do to avoid this problem ? Thanks !

I'm on EXB dev 1.14

0 Kudos
7 Replies
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

@JasonBOCQUET Emm...this behavior looks odd. Did you use the OOTB filter widget?

We have issues that if the filter is turned on + multiple list values, when selecting a value in later pages, the list will jump. However, the search key is never reset. I am not able to reproduce the above behavior. Did I miss something here, or do you have a sample app that can share with us? Thanks

0 Kudos
JasonBOCQUET

Hi @TonghuiMing thanks for your reply

You find the good point ! When the Filter Widget is used with the Group Filter function, the bug that i describe in my post is effective.

But, if I use the Filter Widget with only one element, the search bar works properly.

So what can I do ? wait for a patch from ESRI ?

0 Kudos
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

If you use a single filter widget, the issue also occurs. The key step is multi-select with automatically applied filters (toggle on, or in your case - exclude activation style is checked).

This issue should have been fixed and you probably will see the changes in a few weeks with the upcoming release.

0 Kudos
MichaelMadsemaa
New Contributor II

Having this exact issue, is there a road map for addressing this issue?

0 Kudos
JasonBOCQUET

@TonghuiMing It's only fixed on arcgis online right ? i'm on enterprise 11.1 with exp builder dev edition 1.14

i can't use auto-filter; i have to allow my user to filter to search different company. I have 200.000 company on my data set and the users use filters to search different companies.

0 Kudos
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

The fix is for the AGOL 2024 June release/Dev 1.15. It should be picked up in Enterprise version 11.4. In your case, I believe you'll be able to see the correct behavior in a few weeks when the dev 1.15 is released.

You can refer to the version differences here:

https://developers.arcgis.com/experience-builder/guide/release-versions/ 

0 Kudos
JasonBOCQUET

Ok, thanks for your feedback. wait for 1.15 dev edition.

0 Kudos