Select to view content in your preferred language

Text cropped between 2 differents pages

06-03-2024 06:41 AM
JasonBOCQUET
Occasional Contributor III

Hi guys,

Here is my problem : i've created one page with a specific structure and parameter the text on this page to be modified depending on the screen resolution (using vw instead of px)

i've use auto size of widget box to have the best application which can be adapted depending of the screen resolution.

No problem for this page :

JasonBOCQUET_0-1717422043958.png

I create a second page, with the same structure, the same parameter, but only different data and thematics and i'm blocked with one major problem : my blue text is cropped on the second page and I can't understand why...

JasonBOCQUET_1-1717422091499.png

Anyone have an idea to fix this ?

0 Kudos
9 Replies
TimWestern
Occasional Contributor

If those are built in widgets, Its difficult to know what to suggest with out seeing what is around those widget parts.  IF this was a custom widget, I'd suggest that the CSS used is not working both cases, but for a built in widget, this almost looks like the height of the second screen shot is 2 pixels smaller.  I don't know if its because of the inaccuracy of the clipping, or if it actually is smaller vertically, but that's the first place I would look

0 Kudos
JasonBOCQUET

I litteraly check each widgets to compare each parameter, and 100% of the parameter as identically between both pages.

Plus, many of my parameters are auto size, so i have not some strange paremeter like 13 px in one page and 15 px in other page; or 2% of difference between 2 elements.

I'm very disapointed by this.

All of my widget are built-in widget

0 Kudos
TimWestern
Occasional Contributor

Did you check the sections they were in too?  If something is auto size, and its in a section, and that section has a fixed size it will only grow to that size (I'm assuming the answer is yes you already checked that though, wish I had another idea that would help)

0 Kudos
JasonBOCQUET

My section was not on auto-size; it's a box with 100%x100% size.

I'm on the step of "i click on each menu to check if the color was the same in the case of two different blue made a difference" T_T

0 Kudos
ShengdiZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @JasonBOCQUET ,

Could you try moving all the widgets to one column widget and then setting them to auto height? This should avoid overlapping.

Regards,

Shengdi

0 Kudos
JasonBOCQUET

Hi @ShengdiZhang if I do that I have to replace all widget on their original place ?

Because the text widget that i show to you is not on a column widget, it's integrate on fixed panel widgets.

I've in total filter, text, image, etc widgets in 6 different fixed panel widgets and all of this 6 fixed panel widgets are containing in one fixed panel widget who is next to 3 other fixed panel to make my application.

0 Kudos
ShengdiZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

Can I take a look at your app? You can send me a link to your app via DM, please make sure that the app and the data used are shared. My username is she10946.

0 Kudos
JasonBOCQUET

Hi, it's not possible. I'm working on the developer edition and the problem that i have is not already updated on the live version of our application.

Plus, i used Enterprise so our data and the application is not shared to public. I don't know how can i share the app to you without change the sharing parameter.

Maybe if I send to you the ZIP of my application in the dev edition ? 

0 Kudos
ShengdiZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

Sure, a ZIP file of your app would be helpful.

0 Kudos