Table widget: only export fields shown in the table, not the entire dataset

02-09-2022 07:40 PM
Hayley
by
Occasional Contributor II

Is it possible to for the table widget to only export the shown fields in the table rather than all the fields in the layer? I know this is possible for Dashboard widgets so some similar functionality would be super useful. 

For example, I only have a few fields selected for this table:

Hayley_0-1644464251992.png

However when I export the table, it gives me the entire spreadsheet with the raw data and even fields I had hidden in ArcPro.

Hayley_1-1644464345856.png

Is there a way to configure this in ExB without having to reconfigure all my layers? 

Thanks!

HL
26 Replies
JodiWalters
New Contributor

Hey Haley - just wanted to let you know I was having the same problem and opened a case. It has now been determined to be a defect and filed as a bug (see number below). I had to escalate it because it is affecting productivity. ESRI did say that the developers are looking into it and it will be fixed in the next release. I asked and the analyst said that will be at the end of June. 

BUG-000149879

Hayley
by

Thanks for the update!

HL
0 Kudos
EBaker
by
New Contributor II

Same problem here, thanks for the info!

Hayley
by

Unfortunately this has not been introduced in the latest update 😞

HL
0 Kudos
NeohLiMay
New Contributor II

@Hayley @EBaker @JodiWalters 

Hey guys, it seems like the issue has been fixed. This is what I saw from my experience. 

NeohLiMay_0-1656903401307.png

Hayley
by

Hi Neoh, 

Thanks for the update! I just had a play around but found that hidden fields still get exported. It is a good starting point that you can export selected features now, but the real fix would be to only export the fields used in the table.

Exporting selected features:

Hayley_0-1656903942267.png

The fields in the table (only 8):

Hayley_1-1656904015776.png

The export (shows all other fields in the layer):

Hayley_3-1656904111938.png

HL
AaronKoelker
Occasional Contributor III

This issue is still present as of September 2022. We're using Experience Builder for some emergency response applications, and letting users download certain tables that have been trimmed down to only the fields from the table view would save staff a lot of time in having to trim and format them afterward to meet their needs.

-Aaron
Hayley
by

Yes frustrating.....any updates on this Esri?

We are having to create a large amount of layer views just for this table export functionality

HL
0 Kudos
Jianxia
Esri Regular Contributor

The exporting capability in Table will honor the display fields configured in the sheet in the upcoming November release. Thank you for your patience.