Select to view content in your preferred language

Table Filter/Query Option in Experience Builder

07-20-2023 07:38 AM
AbiDhakal
Occasional Contributor III

@Jianxia I have been exploring ExB like the rest, and it appears like we have a long way to go. Keeps me up. Other thing that is very concerning with ExB app is there is no way to open attribute table of a layer by going to the layers' ellipsis - the three dots next to a layer like in WAB. In WAB you can go to the layers' ellipsis and 'View in Attribute Table'. The attribute table offers Options, Filter  to do all sorts of querying. This is especially critical/important as it gives an opportunity for an array of query options on all the layers present on the map app to the clients (end users). They are not limited to pre-configured queries only like in ExB.
With ExB the developer of the applications make assumptions on what different queries the clients need and accordingly have a pre-configured, limited query options available on the map app for the clients to perform. There has to be much more than that, Please. The query needs to be open like in WAB where the clients can perform ( have the option) whatever query they want to on any layer they want to that is available on the map app.
Please make a way for the clients to be able to pick and choose what they want to query from any layers attribute tables like in WAB. Please make the query option open on the map apps so the clients can look up query, export table or filter any layers to print a map.

Thank you,
Abi

15 Replies
Shen_Zhang
Esri Contributor

Hi @AbiDhakal I wanted to let you know that the Table widget now supports the 'Set filter' data action starting from the October 2023 release. You will find the 'Set filter' option in the data action dropdown list of the Table widget, and it is enabled by default. Feel free to give it a try and please let me know if you encounter any issues. Thank you!

Shen Zhang
AbiDhakal

@Shen_Zhang  I will give it a shot once it is available in ArcGIS Enterprise/Portal. Thank you. Hopefully, once the clients filter what they need they are also able to export a CSV file.

Thank you again.
Abi

0 Kudos
AbiDhakal

@Shen_ZhangI still do not see a way to apply filter on any layer for any attribute from the map interface like there is in Web AppBuilder. In Web AppBuilder there is the ellipses (...) next to each layer on the map app that you can click to open the table for the layer and then go to options and set any kind of filter. Without this capability displaying and printing a map of only layers, features and attributes desired by the end user is not possible. This is a must have to display and print a map.

Thank you,
Abi

0 Kudos
GISAdmin39
New Contributor II

@AbiDhakalDid you ever figure something out to replicate that WAB filtering in ExB?

0 Kudos
AbiDhakal

@GISAdmin39 

I briefly tired the Table widget and it seems to be working. However, I like the way it used to work in WAB.

0 Kudos
AbiDhakal

@GISAdmin39 @Shen_Zhang @Jianxia - Let me take this back. The Filter widget in ArcGIS Enterprise is still not working. Please make it work in the next release.

Thank you,
Abi

CESPEDESLUISITD
New Contributor III

Why would they want us to migrate to EB when its not working properly

Shen_Zhang
Esri Contributor

For enterprises, Set filter will be supported in Enterprise 11.3. This is a data action on the framework level so it's not exclusive to the table widget. 

Shen Zhang
0 Kudos
AbiDhakal

@Shen_Zhang- What does data action on a framework level mean? Does it mean that you do not have to go to a widget like the table widget instead you can simply filter from the layer itself like in Web AppBuilder? That would be the most ideal. The way you have it now in ArcGIS Online for Experience Builder by going to the table widget to filter is simply not ideal.

Thank you,
Abi

0 Kudos