Survey123 Widget: Send data, No survey questions available

08-12-2020 02:51 PM
ebcdm
by
New Contributor II

Using Experience Builder Developer Edition, I have previously updated the Survey123 widget with the following patch:
arcgis-experience-builder-sdk-resources/patches/1.0/patch1/arcgis-experience-builder/client/dist/wid... 

When trying to Send data to the survey from a selection on the map, The list of 'Select a survey question' does not populate with any of the fields.

I've tested similar functionality in the ArcGIS online Experience Builder and a survey in ArcGIS Online. And this functionality was working. However, in the developer edition it is not reading/populating with the survey fields.

-Erik

0 Kudos
10 Replies
DavidMartinez
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Erik,

Could you upgrade to dev edition 1.1? There has been a couple of fixes in the survey widget. That patch was mainly focused on clientid issues for version 1.0. 

Thanks,

David

0 Kudos
ebcdm
by
New Contributor II

David, 

I updated our dev edition to 1.1. However I am still facing the same issue. The survey loads into the page and has full functionality as far as being able to populate and submit the survey. But I cannot make any data connections in the 'Send Data to Survey' settings, the same as the screen shot in the original post. 

The settings for that functionality seem to be unable to recognize the fields in the survey. I tried this for both a survey published from the 'Web Designer' and a survey pubished from 'Survey123 Connect'.

0 Kudos
DavidMartinez
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Erik,

Can you share with me the survey and feature layer, please? My username is dmart. 

Thanks,

David

0 Kudos
ebcdm
by
New Contributor II

David, 

I published the survey to ArcGIS Online instead of our Enterprise, from the Connect app. And the Experience Builder in ArcGIS Online is able to 'Send Data'/read the survey's fields and create that connection between the map and survey. 

Sorry I cannot share the information at this time. The dev edition just won't read the survey's schema. I also noticed that experience builder cannot load any webmaps if any of the data sources within that map are secure services on our ArcGIS Server. For both the developer edition as well as experience builder in ArcGIS Online.

-Erik

0 Kudos
ChrisRoberts2
Occasional Contributor III

I'm seeing the same thing as Erik, in Enterprise I cant make a field/question connection

0 Kudos
KeithGerhartz1
Occasional Contributor II

Erik,

Did you ever get a response or fix from ESRI on this?

Thank you.

Keith

0 Kudos
KeithGerhartz1
Occasional Contributor II

Having the same issue here. Using Experience Builder and Survey123 in portal not AGIS Online. Does anyone have any further info on this and what is being done to resolve? Any work arounds? I will probably call survey with arguments.

0 Kudos
lizannewilmot
New Contributor II

Hey @KeithGerhartz1 I'm just diving into Experience builder on Portal and I have the same bug.  @DavidMartinez are there any patches or updates i need to do? 

Thanks
Lizanne 

0 Kudos
crgabriela
New Contributor

Facing the same issue here. I was only able to do this on Arcgis Online, but I cant make a field/question connection using survey widgey on experience biulder.

is any upgrade required to make this work?

Thanks!

Tags (2)