Survey123 widget in ArcGIS Experience builder does not show any surveys

Jump to solution
03-10-2021 12:36 AM
VickyS
by
Occasional Contributor

Hi

I am attempting to create a experience with the Survey123 widget but it does not list any surveys in our portal. I can create a new one and it creates it on the portal but I cant add it to a new experience.

We are using ArcGIS Enterprise 10.8.1.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Thank you

VickyShort_0-1615365261328.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BamJam
by
New Contributor III

This is a bug in 10.8.1 Enterprise.  BUG-000136016: Unable to select existing surveys using the Survey w.. (esri.com).  It has been resolved in 10.9 Enterprise.

View solution in original post

11 Replies
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @VickyS,

I gave it a try and can successfully find the survey that I created in the 10.8.1 portal:

TonghuiMing_0-1615366139440.png

Could you double-check the following:

1. Make sure that the survey is created using https://survey123.arcgis.com/?portalUrl={your_portal_address}

2. Save and Publish the survey

3. Re-visit ExB app and see if you can access them in the dropdown?

Tonghui

0 Kudos
VickyS
by
Occasional Contributor

Hi Tonghui

I have just tried again as you and it hasn’t worked.  I can’t see any errors in the console; but have run it with fiddler.

This URL:

https://survey123.arcgis.com/api/survey/query?isShared=false&isPublished=true&token=XXXXXXXXXXetc

Returns this in a browser

{"error":{"message":null,"code":-1,"details":[]}}

Thank you

0 Kudos
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

@VickyS Was the survey created by you or someone else inside the org? If not created by you, telling from the URL that you posted, this survey you want to access is not shared, thus the token. I assume that you do not have the writing privilege to them. Please double-check on that.

SurveyURL.png

Thanks,

Tonghui

JeremyJohnson5
New Contributor III

I'm running into the same issue with 10.8.1 portal.  None of the existing surveys that i created show up for me.

0 Kudos
VickyS
by
Occasional Contributor

I didn't get any further with this. The surveys are created by me and I am the administrator so I should have access.

0 Kudos
JohnGargiulo
New Contributor III

I am running into the same issue with 10.8.1. Will be upgrading to 10.9 in a few weeks and will post if it fixes the issue.

VickyS
by
Occasional Contributor

Thank you. The api call doesn't return anything for me so will be interested to see if it is a different url at 10.9.

0 Kudos
BamJam
by
New Contributor III

This is a bug in 10.8.1 Enterprise.  BUG-000136016: Unable to select existing surveys using the Survey w.. (esri.com).  It has been resolved in 10.9 Enterprise.

YukoYokozawa
Occasional Contributor

I need to use this widget in our portal 10.8.1. And we are not planning to upgrade to 10.9 soon. Is there a patch or something for this bug? You already fixed it in 10.9, which means you know what's wrong, right?