Sort List When Selected on Map

12-11-2019 02:08 PM
RogerCleaves1
New Contributor III

Hello,

I'm wondering if it's possible to sort your list based on what was selected, via a trigger possibly?

The current app I have wired up allows for the list to filter based off of the extent of the map, and when you select a point in the map, it highlights the item in the list. However, sometimes that item may be way down the list and require the user to scroll to find it. 

Example of the App

Is there a way to sort this list upon selection so the highlighted feature ends up at the top?

Thanks!

Roger

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DavidMartinez
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Roger,

This issue was discovered a couple of weeks ago and we are trying to fix it for the final release.  The list should show the record selected without having to scroll. 

Thanks,

David

0 Kudos
WillArellano
Occasional Contributor

I am also having this issue of the list not scrolling to the feature selected on the map. I thought I was doing something wrong. This is super annoying and makes the application look like it isn't functioning properly. Is there a fix for this?

UPDATE: So I figured out that the list isn't scrolling because when I click on a point in the map, the polygon that the point is within also gets selected. When there is no polygon overlaying the point, the list scrolls as expected. Not sure how to make the polygon unselectable, but at least now I know what is causing the issue. 

0 Kudos