Select to view content in your preferred language

Single Experience app page with two map layer widgets

Jump to solution
06-12-2023 06:32 AM
Labels (2)
Webturtles
Occasional Contributor

In Experience Builder I am trying to configure a page to have two map layer widgets, each showing a subset of themed layers with the aim of users just flipping between widgets to turn on/off layers in the main map pane  (easily done in the old WAB).

What is the correct way to do this (assuming there is a way!)?  I have tried having all data in one web map with the aim of sub-setting layers out to each map layer widget, then you get the message related to:

You cannot access the Customize layers setting if multiple Map Layers widgets are connected to the same Map widget.

I also can't seem to take advantage of having two web maps connected to one map widget; so ideally want to link map layer widget 1 to web map 1, map layer widget  2 to web map 2 etc.

What am I missing!?

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

The previous limit has been removed and since the latest 2023 October release, you can add multiple Map Layers widgets to the same Map, and configure different layer options.

Let us know if you encounter any issues, thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Webturtles
Occasional Contributor

Just to add for now I have resorted to stacking all data with extra grouping at the web map level, and stuck with just the one map layer widget.  Not ideal when using many layers (already grouped), but at least it works!

0 Kudos
ShaunLangley
Occasional Contributor

I have exactly the same need but was not able to find a workable solution for my use case. I'm resorting to building my own widgets to accomplish this task

TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

For now, the best way to achieve your goal is to connect MapLayer1 to Map1, and MapLayer2 to Map2, as you mentioned @Webturtles 

This is because currently in Experience Builder, which layer will show up depends not only on widget configuration but also on runtime sync-up results. This means if you change LayerWidget1 to hide & show layer A (which is not configured in LayerWidget2), it will then show up in LayerWidget2 if connected to the same map. The current behavior is different from Web AppBuilder.

We will take a further look at this use case and see if there are enhancement possibilities. Thank you for bringing this up.

SOCRATES_MARIANO
New Contributor

Can you show me how?  For now, the best way to achieve your goal is to connect MapLayer1 to Map1, and MapLayer2 to Map2, as you mentioned 

Also I agree with @AntoinePrince1805 . Please let me know when this is a available

0 Kudos
AntoinePrince1805
Occasional Contributor

This is, in my opinion, a very important feature that was implemented in WebApp Builder and that is still missing in Experience Builder. That would add a lot more flexibility in the presentation of map layers as we could separate the layers by theme (not just differentiate themes by nesting the layers in groups in the web map). I hope ESRI finds a solution quickly as we are all working toward converting our WAB in EB and are faced with simple yet very important features that are missing. This is one of them.

rk2
by
New Contributor

From the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment, we are having this exact same issue when trying to transition to Experience Builder from Web App. We need to have multiple map layer widgets that interact with the same map. However, the Experience Builder documentation explains: You cannot access the Customize layers setting if multiple Map Layers widgets are connected to the same Map widget.

Right now this a critical barrier. We are not at the place to devote time to create custom widgets in Experience Builder so will be building out future applications in Web App until it is resolved. 

0 Kudos
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

The previous limit has been removed and since the latest 2023 October release, you can add multiple Map Layers widgets to the same Map, and configure different layer options.

Let us know if you encounter any issues, thanks.

0 Kudos
JohnnySun
Emerging Contributor

For developer edition, which version should I download? I only find v1.12 now.

0 Kudos
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

@JohnnySun V1.13. It should be available by now.

0 Kudos