Select to view content in your preferred language

Showing all bookmark features on page load + interacting with bookmarks

01-09-2024 12:23 PM
gina
by
New Contributor

Hello,

I've set up a fairly simple Experience Builder to show project areas (polygons) on a map with information (photos and text) about each project in the Bookmarks widget. 

Ideally, I would like a user to be able to load the Experience Builder, see all project areas (all polygons associated with all bookmarks), and have the widget scroll to the relevant bookmark after selecting a polygon.

Is this possible? It seems like the functionality is limited to interacting with the widget (which changes the map view) and only showing one bookmark after the page has loaded. I'd like to interact with the map and have it change the bookmark view instead.

Thanks!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
WeiYing1
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @gina ,

Thanks for your feedback! Unfortunately EXB does not support interacting with bookmarks from map. 
Currently you can only interact with bookmark widget to show map change, but not on the other way.

The design purpose of Bookmark widget is to reserve some location and scale of a map, and allow user to re-visit the reserved positions on the map. When you like to interact with map to navigate bookmarks it doesn't make much sense considering the bookmark function. The scenario you described are more like that you wanna see related information of polygon (like images, name, description) from a bookmark when you select it. If that is what you need, I think using FeatureInfo widget, or List widget would be a better solution so that selecting a polygon will trigger action to show corresponding information from those widgets. 

Thanks,
Wei

0 Kudos