Selection tool not selecting any features

05-19-2022 06:30 AM
StephenKing3
New Contributor III

Hello,

I'm using Experience builder with ArcGIS online. I have built a viewer from a blank template and have enabled the Select tool for the map, however, when using the tool it won't select any features on the map. I don't think this is to do with page size, as there are only seven point features to select in one of the layers. Could it be to do with where the map is nested on the page?

Anyone else experienced this? I have it working in other viewers.

Thanks.

6 Replies
StephenKing3
New Contributor III

As an update, I think it is happening when a layer is grouped within another group. Seems like the tool will only work for one group level?

0 Kudos
DamonDamon
New Contributor

I am fairly new to this, so I'm not understanding what any of this means. Again, it's weird because it seems to work on another browers. I went into the Web Console in Firefox, and it mentions something with an outdated driver as an error, but, again, it works on the other browsers.

0 Kudos
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

@StephenKing3 Is it a map service or feature service that you're experiencing this on?

0 Kudos
StephenKing3
New Contributor III

@TonghuiMing it is a feature service.

0 Kudos
DamonDamon
New Contributor

Having the same problem on a state website which uses ArcGIS for its' GIS maps. I can not select a feature on the map in the Firefox browser. They couldn't reproduce the error, so they think it was something wrong with ArcGIS.

0 Kudos
StephenKing3
New Contributor III

Interesting. I have experimented and put one feature layer in the same map that is not in a nested group and the selection tool works on the features in that layer. Definitely seems to be nested groups that is the issue.

0 Kudos