Search only Works with Last of Multiple Fields

Jump to solution
06-07-2023 09:54 AM
Labels (1)
BuffaloCoWI
Occasional Contributor

I have a search widget with multiple search sources: different fields in the same data source. When I start typing, it displays multiple search suggestions, from each of the fields where those characters occur. However, when I click on many of the suggestions, it says "No results found." It works properly for one of the fields, but only the last one in the order they are arranged. I experimented with changing the order, and whichever field is arranged last works correctly, but the other fields do not find results. Also, if I restrict the search to one field, it works correctly, or if I restrict it to fewer fields, whichever field is last works correctly.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ShengdiZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @BuffaloCoWI ,

After reviewing your app, I can confirm that it is a known issue and an enhancement was included in yesterday's update. Could you please test your app again?

Thanks,

Shengdi

View solution in original post

6 Replies
JeffreyThompson2
MVP Regular Contributor

Do you have the "Auto select the first result" option turned on?

JeffreyThompson2_0-1686227327296.png

I have discovered that when this box is checked the search widget will ignore the user's chosen data source and return data from the first data source with a valid response.

GIS Developer
City of Arlington, Texas
0 Kudos
BuffaloCoWI
Occasional Contributor

I do not have that selected, though I did try it while debugging. It doesn't work either way.

0 Kudos
ShengdiZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @BuffaloCoWI ,

I'm not sure if it is related to a known bug. Would you mind sharing a sample app with me? My username is she10946.

Thanks,

Shengdi

BuffaloCoWI
Occasional Contributor

I sent you the URL in a DM. Since posting this, I've been leaning toward using Instant Apps instead. I created a prototype app on there before I ever started working on Experience Builder, and it functioned just how I wanted from the start. It's not as customizable, so it won't look like the template I've developed to give my apps a consistent look and feel, but it works.

ShengdiZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @BuffaloCoWI ,

After reviewing your app, I can confirm that it is a known issue and an enhancement was included in yesterday's update. Could you please test your app again?

Thanks,

Shengdi

BuffaloCoWI
Occasional Contributor

That did seem to fix the problem. Many thanks!

0 Kudos