Select to view content in your preferred language

Scenario-Based Analysis for Area Calculations

05-23-2024 05:40 AM
CameronLacelle
Occasional Contributor

My team and I performed a tree canopy analysis and now have a tree canopy polygon layer for our AOI and have performed canopy density calculations for different subsets of our AOI based on dividing the area of the canopy by the land area. We presented these findings to our clients and they asked if it was possible to have some sort of scenario-based analysis where they can draw or input a new proposed subdivision and see how that would affect the canopy density if the new subdivision underwent a complete clear cut.

We want them to be able to see how the canopy density would be affected by different proposed subdivisions or other scenarios where there would be a clear cut to part of the tree canopy, and see the results without actually modifying the master dataset. Not sure if this is at all possible in Experience Builder or another Esri application so we can provide it as a site for managers, planners, and other stakeholders.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
WeiYing1
Esri Contributor

Hi @CameronLacelle ,

Experience Builder has Analysis widget that support spatial analysis, raster analysis and custom web tools.
You can try to analyze the basic canopy density using density tools from spatial analysis. For further scenario-based analysis, I don't have an idea how to design. But you can build a custom web tool based on the client requirement and publish it as a custom web tool to be used in Experience Builder. 

Thanks,
Wei

CameronLacelle
Occasional Contributor

@WeiYing1 thanks, we'll see what our team can pull off.

0 Kudos