roadmap

02-12-2020 08:11 AM
JérômeCollet
New Contributor II

Hello,

Would it be possible to share the roadmap of Experience builder so that we can have an overview of what's coming on and when?

Thank you in advance for your answer.

Regards,

Jérôme

16 Replies
DavidMartinez
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Jerome,

Thanks for the inquiry about Experience Builder and the roadmap. I adding our product manager to this discussion Jianxia Song.

Cheers,

David

0 Kudos
Jianxia
Esri Regular Contributor

Jerome,

We are working on the road map for the next release. What features you'd like to see in the near future? Thanks,

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'd like to know what widgets are going to be included in the next release. I'd be interested in hearing if there currently is, or will be in the future, capability of gathering data from the website used in the URL widget for use in other widgets in ExB. For example, since WAB currently has a lot of widgets, I am using the URL widget in ExB to show an app I created with WAB. But I want to be able to query information in there and display/add to a text box or survey in ExB. Speaking of surveys...I really need the capability of autopopulating a survey with data from multiple fields from multiple layers (and from my web app I'm embedding). Currently all you can add is one field from one layer. 

Thanks! ExB is pretty cool, and I'm excited to see it grow!

Jianxia
Esri Regular Contributor

Annina,

Thanks for your feedback. From my understanding, you use the Embed widget by passing the app URL to display the app in ExB. Further, you want apps to talk to each other so the embedded app can pass information to other widgets in ExB. This workflow makes sense and an enhancement has been submitted. May I ask you what type of the app is embedded in your case?

For the Survey widget, could you help articulate your use case to automatically populate a survey with fields that are from different layers? Currently we can populate a survey with multiple fields from one layer on the map.

Thanks,

Jianxia

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Jianxia,

For your first question, I've created an app using Web AppBuilder with the Jewelry Box Theme, mainly as a test to see what we're able to do OOTB. I'm pretty sure there is functionality to do most of what we want, but it is limited and requires the use of multiple widgets.

As for your second question, and as a follow up to the first, I think it would be a good idea to explain what we are trying to do, so it may be easier to understand.

We currently have a website where the public can go to find out information about floodplains and then submit a request for a permit application. They go to a map, click on a location, and gather lots of information like: flood zone, base flood elevation, floodplain manager, etc. This is printed on the screen in real time, but there is also the capability to export a report for printing (including a map). Then, from the same screen, the user can press a button to begin the application process by entering personal information to submit to our Agency. We'd like to update this website, and since we have access to Esri products, we'd like to utilize them! We've talked with our Esri Reps who suggested we try out ExB. The interface is exactly what we want, but the functionality isn't there. We'd like to have the user do exactly what they've been doing--just click once on the map. We'd like the information to appear on the screen in a bar (which I've gotten to work using the text widget); the information though is from multiple layers that the point intersects, most of which are polygon layers, but also pull the nearest base flood elevation from a point layer. Then, take all the information from these multiple layers and pass it to Survey123 so the user doesn't have to manually enter any floodplain data (all they'd have to enter is contact information). However, currently, the Survey123 widget in ExB only accepts information from one layer. 

Does that help?

I've put using ExB on the back burner and am researching other options, such as using the JavaScript API to customize things, because it seems (currently) like that's the only way. Any insights would be appreciated!

Thank you!

Annina

Jianxia
Esri Regular Contributor

Annina,

Thanks for the explanation. An enhancement for the Survey widget has been submitted per your request. 

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, 

I would also like to see the Survey 123 enhancement to pass through data from more than 1 layer. Also, it would be helpful to be able to pass values to Survey 123 without needing to select something from a map.

My current use case is that a user selects a feature from a list in Experience Builder, then the feature information gets passed to S123. I have to use the embed widget instead of the S123 widget because the S123 widget only allows passing through values from a map selection. 

Is there current capabilities to create a custom widget using Experience Builder developers version that will pass through values from multiple layers?

0 Kudos
JérômeCollet
New Contributor II

Jianxia Song,

In addition to my previous message, we did develop (or are currently developping) some custom widget in WebAppbuilder (list below) that could be usefull for many user to have at least in Experience Builder. If we do provide the code, could you propose to translate that into an Experience Builder Widget that could be propose as standard widget in the product?

List of new widget or widget extension developped

• Save Webmap (new widget)
  • Load/Change Webmap (new widget)
  • Modify Symbology & Labels (Layer List Widget extension)
  • Custom/Modify Pop-up Window (Layer List Widget extension)
  • Export drawing as an hosted feature Layer (drawing widget extension)

Thank you in advance for your collaboration

Regards,

Jérôme

Jianxia
Esri Regular Contributor

Jerome,

Glad to see these custom widgets addressing popular requests for Web AppBuilder.

• Th good news is as ExB is built on JSAPI 4.x which supports saving ( or save as) web map, so it should be a function on the map widget other than a brand new widget. I will add this request to the map widget.
  • Since changing webmap may break widgets dependent on the layer in the map, could you provide a user case?
  • As far as modifying symbol and labels, we don't plan to support it n ExB. Could you provide a use case?
  • The Feature Info widget is designed to display the pop up nicely on the side. Could you provide a use case to modify the pop up?
  • Could you please provide a user case to export drawing as a hosted feature layer? I think it should be one of the exporting methods.

Thanks,

Jianxia

0 Kudos