Select to view content in your preferred language

Reviewing 100 Survey123 templates in EB

02-01-2024 12:24 PM
ShareUser
Esri Community Manager

Hi,

We are currently looking in managing a Raise/Review/Closeout process with Survey123 and EB. The challenge is we have 100 different survey templates and in the future will have thousands of records.

We need a simple approach through the web (hence the EB) to select and review submitted surveys that originate from 100 different survey templates. So we are talking about 100 associated hosted feature layers.

In reality the desired functionality is to be able to select the appropriate survey based on its title and then a Filter widget load all relevant records that can be filtered too afterwards.

Is this something that is feasible with off the shelf functionality of EB? Would appreciate any ideas as my thinking is that we need to have the 100 hosted feature layers on a map and query them individually which is not user friendly.

Thank you

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ShareUser
Esri Community Manager

I was thinking about this, and one issue you will run into is how EB deals with showing data vs. WAB. In WAB, you could add all of your layers to a Web Map, turn them off in the Web Map, and then use filters in WAB to show what you want, when you want.

EB handles this differently. Basically, it only filters things off. To replicate what I did in WAB in EB, I had to add a new filter that turned everything else off by default (and then tell users to ignore it). In your case, that won't work because all 100 of your surveys are different data sets which means you'd need 100 "off" filters if you only wanted to show the specific survey you are working with.

I brought this up as a deficiency, but I don't think this default behaviour is going to change...

You can get around this by unintuitively reversing your filters. E.g., (ObjectID < 0) and check "Apply this filter automatically".

0 Kudos