Select to view content in your preferred language

Retaining multiple menu selection colours?

05-24-2024 10:52 AM
DaveStewart1
New Contributor III

Good day all,

I'm currently trying to navigate an issue where the selected menu option background colour does not retain once you select another menu/button within the selected page. The first menu is within the header and the second is within a views navigation widget within the page. The issue also occurs after initially clicking on a button which navigates to another page (the initial menu selection colour reverts back to the default orange).Please see attached image.

Ideally I'd like to have the two menus maintain their selection colours as the user navigates through.

Are there any solutions for this? Is this a limitation of Experience Builder?

Thank you.

Dave

0 Kudos
1 Reply
TimWestern
Occasional Contributor

I remember some oddities when using button select colors a while back to.  As I recall, to get around it, I actually disabled one of them while working on the other part of a wizard, and had separate CSS styles for it.  I suspect in the case of a select, the issue likely has something to do with focus on the element, and that you might need to do some dynamic styling based on it not being (unselected) vs any one or more items selected.

Not sure what that would like like at the moment though.  But Since I think a lot of the controls have select styles only while they have focus, it may be necessary to apply a class to get a certain look that it keeps until a nother in that selection group is selected.

0 Kudos