Resolution Change Consistency

Jump to solution
05-17-2021 11:27 AM
BennyNein
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

I'm working with Experience Builder to create a web page for my data. I noticed that I'm able to change the web page resolution at the top to create the website to fit certain resolutions. I have two questions. 

1. Is 1920x1080 the highest I can draft?

2. Is there a way to setup the web page differently for each resolution since I don't know what monitor the end use will be using to browse the page?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JonathanMcDougall
Frequent Contributor

Hi,

I suppose if you set a page width to Custom you can achieve greater than 1080, eg; 1440, however, given most monitors that are out there are still 1080p, or the number of laptop screens used, 1080 seems a happy balance to aim for.

Regarding the setup, I pick the lowest res for each of the device types and design from there - means you design for as many users as possible. Of course, if you know your audience is on a set device, you only need to design for that.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JonathanMcDougall
Frequent Contributor

Hi,

I suppose if you set a page width to Custom you can achieve greater than 1080, eg; 1440, however, given most monitors that are out there are still 1080p, or the number of laptop screens used, 1080 seems a happy balance to aim for.

Regarding the setup, I pick the lowest res for each of the device types and design from there - means you design for as many users as possible. Of course, if you know your audience is on a set device, you only need to design for that.

BennyNein
Occasional Contributor
I imagine most resolutions are 1920x1080 as well which is why I've been setting it up that way. However, if I do set the page up on the lowest resolution and put every widget in place, won't it still look different when someone with a higher resolution screen browses?
0 Kudos