Select to view content in your preferred language

"in the last" Operator Missing From Filter Options For a Date

2 weeks ago
AKRRMapGuy
New Contributor III

Am I losing my mind? Why can't I filter by 'In the last' on this date field. The operator isn't even showing. I have done it before. What am I missing?

I am trying to do this on EB in Enterprise 11.3. I have other EB apps that have this option on date fields. For some reason this one doesn't.

3 Replies
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

@AKRRMapGuy 

The four date-related operators are only applicable for AGO-hosted feature services. Check the documentation here:

https://doc.arcgis.com/en/experience-builder/latest/configure-widgets/filter-widget.htm#ESRI_SECTION... 

TonghuiMing_0-1724739085397.png

The reason, FYI, is that other data sources may not honor the timestamp so that's why there is a limit.

0 Kudos
AKRRMapGuy
New Contributor III

Well, interestingly enough this is a Feature Service Hosted in AGOL being brought into Enterprise VIA a Distributed Collaboration that references the AGOL item.

I guess I am confused about why other data sources possibly not honoring the timestamp prevents a query in Experience Builder? If the data source is valid, it should do it. That is a bizarre and frustrating limitation. 

0 Kudos
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

To be more specific, it is because, for AGOL-hosted databases, it is certain that CURRENT_TIMESTAMP is UTC. However, it is not certain that this is the case for other databases. It is not a limit from Experience Builder, it is a limit from the service side.

Hope that could clarify it better.

0 Kudos