Select to view content in your preferred language

Query Widget for all layers

05-19-2024 06:52 PM
LIZDean
New Contributor III
Is there a way to use the query or filter widgets to allow the user to generate a query on the fly. For example: The user gets a list of layers from the map, they select that layer from the list and then they can create a query based on the available attributes?
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
IssyAmis
Esri Contributor

Hi @LIZDean 

Unfortunately, to my knowledge, this is not yet possible and might be something worth raising within the Ideas section of Esri Community.

Within both the query and filter widgets, you can set up queries/filters for multiple different layers and allow your users to select which ones they would like to interact with. You can then also set up the SQL expression so that it "Asks for values" so that the user can select the attribute they'd like to filter in the particular field the expression is set up for. 

IssyAmis_0-1716222531749.png

Currently, however, users do not have the ability to fully configure this SQL expression on the fly, so they cannot select the field they would like to filter by for example.

I hope this makes sense, do let me know if you'd like any further clarification.

Thanks,

Issy

LIZDean
New Contributor III

Thanks @IssyAmis I will raise as an idea 🙂

0 Kudos